The e-IRG Knowledge Base contains all relevant information on available e-Infrastructures, supercomputing, storage and networking resources and grids for science and research, as well as policies, funding organisations and projects in Europe. The Knowledge Base is a resource made available to the e-IRG and to the general public, for referencing and policy decision purposes. The information is presented in a readily accessible form.
A Flyer on the Knowledge Base available for download
You can subscribe to the latest contents update (as an RSS/Atom newsfeed) on top of this page. This way you always keep up to date. Below we list the latest major changes and additions to the Knowledge Base.
- e-Infrastructure projects from call 10 completely included.
- Redesign lay-out
- TOP500 list of June 2014 included
- Integration with data from the EGI database started
- Redesign and new document library
Last update: 2014-09-02
Sources used in the Knowledge Base
The sources that are available include resources that are maintained by the editors of the Knowledge Base and external resources that are not under control of the editors. The view on the Knowledge Base that you see on this website integrates all those resources.
Internal, maintained by the eIRGSP2 editors with input from e-IRG:
- e-Infrastructures policies Topic Map
- National and Regional Grids Topic Map
- e-Infrastructures systems Topic Map
- Grid projects Topic Map
- Documents Topic Map
- E-IRG delegates Topic Map
- Grid Application Areas Classification
- TOP500 Topic Map. From the TOP500 site maintained by the TOP500 organisation.
- For HPC systems to be listed, the treshold was: 2010 512 Gflop/s; 2009 256 Gflop/s; 2008 128 Gflop/s; 2007 64 Gflop/s.
- Countries Topic Map. We use the ISO classification and naming of countries.
- Desktop Grid topic maps. These are combined from the individual data available on each Desktop Grid. For more information on Desktop Grids see the International Desktop Grid Federation website.
- Service Grid topic maps. These are taken from data maintained by the EGI organisation.
- Document Library topic map. These are taken from data maintained by the BELIEF project.
About e-IRGSP4 and e-IRG
The e-Infrastructures Reflection Group (e-IRG) is an inter-governmental policy body comprising national delegates from more than 30 European countries
The Knowledge Base is maintained at and by Genias Benelux, as part of the e-IRG Support Programme (e-IRGSP4), funded by the EU Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) under grant agreement n° RI-632688.